Michael Lohan still hasn’t seen those topless shots of his daughter Lindsay.

“I’m not going to look at the photos — that’s my daughter!” he told Usmagazine.com in a telephone interview this morning.

Still, he told Us he approves of his daughter’s decision to recreate the iconic 1962 photos of Marilyn Monroe known as “The Last Sitting” for New York magazine.

“Lindsay is an adult, and she knows the direction she wants to take her career,” he said. “It’s her decision.

“The fact that the photographer [Bert Stern] who did Marilyn Monroe’s pictures would ask Lindsay to re-create them … that’s an amazing thing.”

One thing he hopes doesn’t come from the photo set: “I pray there are no parallels to her and Marilyn Monroe’s destiny.” (Monroe died of an overdose of barbiturates at the age of 36.)

In her New York interview, the actress said she had no plan to end up like Monroe or late actor Heath Ledger.

“I'm not them … I sure as hell wouldn’t let it happen to me,” she told the magazine.
[source]