KURT Cobain's mother and sister might lose their homes because of two thieves who bilked his estate of more than $200 million, claims his widow, Courtney Love.

Earlier this month, Love made accusations against an alleged con man and con woman who can't be identified until court papers are filed. Love said they used Cobain's Social Security number to open up more than 188 credit cards in his name and refinance several homes - including Kurt's mother's, Wendy Fradenburg Cobain O'Connor.

"It's insane," Love cried in one of several ranting voice-mail messages she left us. "In Kurt's will, his mom was left 15 percent of his estate - the rest went to me and [daughter] Frances Bean. But we had to wait until the estate closed and probate was over. But it's been open 14 years! It's criminal."

An irate, shouting Love said she met the alleged con artists years ago through friends. Since then, she learned they have bought homes in New Jersey and upstate New York, taken private planes to and from Westchester and bought convalescent homes.

"I don't expect in a recession Americans to feel sorry for a person who's lost about $200 million, but this is nuts. I had [only] a $500 limit on my ATM card for years," Love said.

"Kurt's mother's home is in arrears and his sister Kim's home was repossessed by the bank . . . Investigators found 62 bank accounts I never opened. His mom should have $163 million by now with amortization from her part of the will. It's so frustrating. I was promised [by financial managers and lawyers] that 'before a penny drops in the wrong direction, we will be there. You will never be embezzled from.' I was.

"My own house was refinanced four times. I have never done this. I've owned one Toyota and one Prius in my life. There are auto loans on Kurt's [Social Security number] for a Mercedes and a Bentley. Someone applied online and got 27 American Express cards and 74 Visas on Kurt's Social [Security number]. Everything has been forged. There is a piece of paper with a forged signature where I supposedly declared myself incompetent and they took over everything."

Things got so bad that at one point, Love says, "I tried to commit suicide and went to rehab. I'm better now and the FBI in Orange County [Calif.] and Scotland Yard are handling this."
[source]