JoJo, who goes by Joanna Levesquefor acting roles, plays Morgan Carter, a rebellious child star who makes a string of bad decisions. She dons a blond wig to get into character with Degrassi star Shenae Grimes, who plays her s partner in crime.

Of her hard partying character she said, 'When you're working long hours, and you want to stay thin, but you don't have time to work out, it may sounds great to just drink of take pills..

Personally, I have a lot of things I have to do with my life, and getting caught up with drugs is not one of them. I am a very focused person, when I get in on something I'm going to do it.'

Despite fame, JoJo tries to stay grounded in real life, 'I love in Massachusetts, I don't need to be in Hollywood. I've had the same best friend for eight years.
I'm not in with the paparazzi, and I have a very normal life for what I get to do. I know a lot of young performers who want to be their best. I the people I have around with all have that mind-set. They don't want to do this just for money. They want to be legends.'[source]