he Grammy-winning music veteran, who has collaborated on gospel songs in the past with BeBe Winans ('Jesus Children of America'), The Williams Brothers ('Too Close') and Kirk Franklin ('Why'), is recording an album called 'The Gospel Inspired by Lula,' which is a tribute to his late mother Lula Mae Hardaway.

Wonder's mother passed in May 2006 and he originally hoped to have CD available to consumers on Jan. 11, 2008, which would have been her 77th birthday, but he's yet to complete the recording process.

During a recent teleconference call to promote his "A Wonder's Summer Night Tour," Wonder detailed the gospel endeavor.

"Some of it is going to be traditional gospel but some of it is going to be ... I'm trying to do some (different) stuff," he explained. "I might do something in Arabic. I might do something in Hebrew. My whole thing of the title is just saying 'Spreading the good word, the message."

While many of Wonder's R&B offerings have featured inspirational gems like 'If Your Love Cannot Be Moved' featuring Kim Burrell off of his 2005 release, 'A Time 2 Love,' his all-gospel CD will include new material in addition to unreleased inspirational records that the public has never heard.

"I've written a few things on the road and ... I've had songs throughout the years that I never recorded and so a combination of those songs and some traditional things will make up for the project," he shared, before adding: "And I'm excited about it."

In addition, Wonder is working on an additional project called 'Through the Eyes of Wonder,' which is a performance piece that will depict his experiences as a blind man.

"What I want to do with our live performances is to create visuals that [give] my take on how I see the world and how most various things affected me," he explained.

His "A Wonder's Summer Night Tour" will continue throughout the summer with plans to hit Europe and as well. via