Brea Grant has revealed new details about her role in the sixth season of Dexter.

The Heroes actress will appear as Ryan Chambers in the Showtime drama's next run, which is currently filming in Los Angeles.

Grant told Shockya: "I'll be playing a new lab intern at the Miami Police Department who is a perfect match for Masuka (CS Lee) in many ways."



Grant also claimed that she was a fan of Dexter prior to being cast as Chambers.

"It's so smartly written and pushes so many boundaries," she said. "When I got the opportunity to audition for the show, I jumped at it.

"Ryan's a completely different character for me. I'm generally the smart but kind of dorky girl who marches to the beat of her own drum."

Grant claimed that her new role is "sexy" but also "smart and a little dark".

"It's interesting for me to be the hot girl on set as opposed to the girl with the glasses," she joked.

The sixth season of Dexter will air on Showtime in the fall.