Justin Timberlake has accepted an invitation to the Marine Corps Ball with a female corporal who asked him over YouTube, saying he was "flattered" by the gesture.

The singer-turned-actor was asked to the ball by Cpl. Kelsey De Santis in the days following a similar invitation from a male marine to Timberlake's Friends With Benefits co-star Mila Kunis.



Timberlake had publicly encouraged Kunis to accept Sergeant Scott Moore's invitation to his ball and has now been put in a similar situation, MSNBC reports.

"I don't feel backed into a corner at all," Timberlake said.

"I'll tell you what, I accept but not because she shouted out one of my songs, which I do love when they do that, because I'm shameless."

Cpl. De Santis made reference to Kunis' invite when she posted her own video.

"So Justin, you wanna call out my girl Mila, well I'm gonna call you out and ask you to go to the Marine Corps Ball with me on November 12 in Washington DC," she said.

Timberlake said if he has time, he will attend the ball, which takes place a week before the ball that Kunis is scheduled to go to.

"I don’t get asked out… ever. So I was very flattered by that. If my schedule works out to do it, I'd love to do it. It's an honour," he said.