In a sweeping new interview Nicole Kidman revisits her divorce from Tom Cruise and its aftermath, her relationship with her kids, and her guarded hopes for having a child with Keith Urban.

• On her 2001 divorce, she tells with Marie Claire in its December issue: "I practically shed everything when I got divorced. I have an art collection that I put in storage, and that's where it stays. I really don't have a lot of things."

• On helping their children Isabella, now 14, and Connor, now 12, through the breakup: "My daughter and son, their life is molded by the way I live. If I wasn't willing to take on that responsibility, I shouldn't have adopted them. Then it can be argued that you shouldn't have gotten divorced, and that's true, too, but sometimes you don't have a decision in that. People fall out of love, they do."

• On the kids living most of the year in L.A. with Cruise and his family: "When children are teenagers, they have a say in where they want to be. L.A. is a big draw, and I'm looking to get a place there so we can share more."

• On the kids' upbringing: "Yes, they're being raised as Scientologists. ... I don't want to go there."

• On turning 40 this past June: "Yippee! I can't believe I made it. It feels like a long haul to get here. I'm so fine with it. People want you to have some sort of breakdown, but I'm relieved to be 40 years old, and I've lived a life."

• On having a child with husband Keith Urban: "What will be will be. It's in God's hands."source

Nicole Kidman - Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria in NY
Nicole Kidman Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria Nicole Kidman Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria Nicole Kidman Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria Nicole Kidman Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria Nicole Kidman Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria Nicole Kidman Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria Nicole Kidman Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria Nicole Kidman Portraits at The Waldorf Astoria