Hollywood mourns the loss of HEATH LEDGER, who died today. He was 28. Here is what the stars had to say:

JOHN TRAVOLTA
told ET: "I am devastated. I loved Heath. He is probably my favorite actor. I don't like what has happened at all, so I am very sad about it."

MEL GIBSON
commented: "I had such great hope for him. He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family."

Heath will star posthumously as "The Joker" in Warner Bros.' 'The Dark Knight,' the new Batman movie coming out this summer. The following statement was issued by ALAN HORN, President & COO, Warner Bros. and JEFF ROBINOV, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group: "The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person."
[source]